- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound Gardein chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup vegan chicken broth (prepared from Not Chick'n bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon hot chile sauce (such as Thai Kitchen)
- 1 (15.5-ounce) drained can chickpeas
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 (9-ounce) package microwavable fresh spinach
- 4 lemon wedges (optional for garnish)
2. While the chicken mixture cooks, place the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 cup water, and the olive oil in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; gradually stir in the couscous, then remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, pierce a few holes in the spinach bag. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
4. Place 1 cup of the chicken mixture, 1/2 cup couscous, and 1/2 cup spinach on each of 4 plates. Garnish each serving with a lemon wedge for a pretty presentation, if you like.
4 servings (1 cup chicken mixture, 1/2 cup couscous, 1/2 cup spinach), Calories 436
So good! Although this dish was way saltier than I normally cook, it gave it an authentic Indian-restaurant taste that was to die for. If you are watching your sodium levels, decrease the salt, or omit it all together. Either way, once the three components of this dish were mixed together on my plate, the result was delicious - the curry powder gave it the exact right amount of spice.