- 4 (4-ounce) Tofurky Italian sausages
- 5 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (such as Arrowhead Mills)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup vegan chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded Daiya cheddar
- 1 pound lite silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (for color)
- 2 cups plain non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2. Transfer the sausage mixture to a 13x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with the broth and melted butter, and sprinkle with the cheddar.
3.Combine the silken tofu in a blender with the cornstarch and turmeric; process until smooth. Combine the tofu mixture in a large bowl with the milk, onion powder, and black pepper; pour the tofu mixture over the sausage mixture.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes - the mixture should be set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 9 squares.
9 servings (1 portion), Calories 298
This casserole is just awesome: savory sausage, cheese-y Daiya, herb-y stuffing, and an egg-y tofu mixture. A perfect and hearty blend of ingredients, for which I would not change a thing. The top of the casserole had a nice crisp crunch, and the inside was tender and moist without being soggy.