- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 4 and 1/2 teaspoons prepared wasabi paste*
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable juice (such as R.W. Knudsen)
- 3 tablespoons Annie's Worcestershire sauce
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons hot pepper sauce**
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups vodka
2. Combine the wasabi mixture in a large bowl or pitcher with the vegetable juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, and salt. Chill thoroughly.
3. Stir in the vodka just before serving, and serve over ice.
Instead of standard celery, consider garnishing with pickled asparagus, pickled green beans, or even pickled okra. I particularly love the "smokra" from Rick's Picks.
*My favorite brand of wasabi paste is Roland, which is colored without any artificial dyes. Use leftovers with vegan sushi, or in the Sushi-Rice Salad from this blog.
**I recommend a fiery hot pepper sauce for this recipe, such as Busha Browne's.
8 servings (about 1 cup), Calories 166
A kick indeed. The wasabi gave just the right zip without being too overpowering, and I thought the rest of the bloody mary was the best version I've tried, whether at home or at a restaurant. The perfect tingle on the tongue from tomato juice, vodka, and the heat of the pepper sauce.