For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of white pepper
- 9 ounces Sophie's Kitchen shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut celery
- 5 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled vegan blue cheese (such as Veg Cuisine)
- 1 tablespoon lightly toasted and coarsely chopped walnuts*
2. To prepare the salad bring 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the shrimp; cook for 1 minute. Add the celery; cook for 1 minute. Drain, rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
3. Combine the shrimp and celery in a large bowl with the arugula, 1 cup red grapes, 1 cup green grapes, and basil. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently. Top with the blue cheese and walnuts.
*Lightly toast the walnuts for about 3 to 4 minutes in a skillet over medium heat before adding to the salad.
Try pairing this dish with a green, slightly fruity white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
4 servings (2 cups), Calories 163
A delicious blend of flavors. To be honest, you could skip the shrimp entirely if you don't have any in your freezer, because my favorite flavors here were the sweet grapes, super fresh basil, toasted walnuts, and peppery arugula. It was hard to taste the grapes in the dressing, by the time it was drizzled over everything, but it had a light and refreshing taste, and was a beautiful shade of pastel green. I would definitely add more walnuts and blue cheese on top next time.