- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds*
- 2 teaspoons grated and peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups (1-inch) diagonally cut asparagus**
2. In a bowl, whisk together all of the other ingredients. Add the chilled asparagus and toss well.
I recommend serving this dish with your favorite vegan pad thai recipe, to compliment the flavors of ginger and soy.
*Don't forget to toast the sesame seeds ahead of time; simply heat in a skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until lightly browned.
**One quick note of caution: local doesn't always equal organic, so do make sure to rinse all produce thoroughly.
5 servings (1 cup), Calories 72
This dish is a nice way to feature super-crisp, chilled asparagus. Although normally my preference is warm and tender, if you're going to serve asparagus cold, this is the recipe to use. Bright and fresh, with wonderful ginger, soy, and sesame flavors.