- 4 ears corn
- 1 Vidalia onion
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 and 1/4 cups seeded and chopped yellow tomato
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Note: Fresh corn can vary greatly in size of course, but the 4 ears should work out to about 3 cups of kernels.
2. Cut the onion into 1/2-inch thick slices. Coat the grill with cooking spray and add the onion slices; cook for 5 minutes on each side. Let cool and chop.
3. Combine the corn kernels and onion in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients. You can make this salsa ahead in a pinch. Serve with homemade tortilla chips (cut fresh tortillas into wedges and bake). Or for a great summer dinner, try it over the vegan fish fillets from Sophie's Kitchen.
4 servings (1 cup), Calories 102
Fresh as can be. The corn, onion, and cilantro flavors were strongest, so I wished there was more yellow tomato, but that's pretty much my only complaint. A nice bit of tang from the rice vinegar. The salsa is not at all spicy, so you might consider adding 1 jalapeno pepper.