- 2 (3-ounce) Field Roast Italian sausages
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 and 1/2 cups peeled and finely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
2. Add the cabbage and all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally - the cabbage should be wonderfully tender by the end. Discard the bay leaf.
Serve this hearty dish with toasted slices of sourdough bread for a Scandinavian-themed supper.
3 servings (1 and 2/3 cups), Calories 238