- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups peeled and chopped mango
- 2 cups passion fruit nectar
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain non-dairy creamer
2. Once boiling, transfer to a blender, along with the mango. Process until smooth. Pour the mango mixture into a large bowl and cool completely.
3. Once cool, stir in the nectar and the creamer. Pour the mango mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. Pardon the blurry photos, as these were taken in motion, but your mixture will go from this:
Once fully frozen, scoop into bowls, or serve in vegan wafer cones (try Let's Do Organic), for an extra-fun summer treat.
14 servings (1/2 cup), Calories 130
A fruity blend of the mango and passion fruit, and not overly sweet, which I was pleased to find. I wondered how the juice and the creamer (I used Silk) would mix, but the result is a consistency that tastes somewhat between an ice cream and a sorbet. The consistency of this is definitely best if you let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Icy cold and refreshing!