- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup vegan chicken broth (such as Imagine)
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup vegan dry white wine
- 4 Gardein Tuscan chicken breasts (without sauce)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked wild rice*
2. Combine the 3 tablespoons artichoke liquid in a shallow bowl with the broth, lemon juice, and white wine. Add the chicken pieces; cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; saute for 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish (reserving the marinade), and add to the pan; saute for 1 minute. Add the reserved marinade; cook for 12 minutes.
4. Stir in the artichokes, capers, and black pepper; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the rice. Serve 1 chicken piece and 1/2 cup artichoke sauce over 1/2 cup rice on each of 4 plates.
*Don't forget it takes a good deal longer to cook wild rice compared to other varieties. Make sure you've set aside at least 50 minutes to 1 hour for the rice to cook, or your chicken will grow cold while you wait.
4 servings (1 chicken piece, 1/2 cup sauce, 1/2 cup rice), Calories 288
I love artichokes, so it's really hard to go wrong in a dish that has them in such a starring role. The brininess of the capers and artichokes is fantastic over the chicken and rice combo. My only complaint is that the lemon was a touch too strong; decrease to about 1/4 cup or so in the marinade, or you risk a bit of a pucker while eating this.