- 4 quarts water
- 12 ounces green beans
- 12 ounces carrots
- 1 tablespoon vegan sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2. Drain, then transfer the vegetables to ice water. Let stand for 1 minute, then drain again.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, cider vinegar, mustard, canola oil, and salt. Add the beans, carrots, bell pepper, and onion, tossing to coat.
6 servings (1 cup), Calories 84
A good, all-purpose summer staple. Just the right touch of Dijon and sugar in the dressing, making for a nice coating over the vegetables. The carrots were absolutely perfect, but I would cook the green beans just a minute or two longer next time, and also add the yellow bell pepper to the pot for the last minute of boiling.