- 3 Gardein Tuscan chicken breasts (without sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger, divided
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups julienne-cut yellow squash
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked jasmine rice
2. Heat the sesame oil in the pan. Add the yellow squash and bell pepper; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon ginger with the lemon rind, garlic, agave, soy sauce, lemon juice, water, and cornstarch.
4. Add the agave mixture to the pan, along with the chicken mixture. Stir-fry for a final 4 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the rice, so it is hot and ready to go as the stir-fry is finishing up..
Serve 1 cup chicken mixture over 3/4 cup rice on each of 4 plates. Try serving with the Hunan dumplings from Macro Vegetarian, and a side salad to round out the meal.
4 servings (1 cup chicken mixture, 3/4 cup rice), Calories 395
This dish really lives up to its name - gorgeous fresh lemon and ginger. The sauce has a rich thickness from the cornstarch and agave, and just the right blend of sweet and savory. Yellow squash was a different but rather inspired choice for the veggie, and I definitely recommend making this dish while summer's bumper crop is here. In the winter, I might play around with different veggies - snow peas, broccoli, or julienne-cut carrots all come to mind.