- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar
- 3 tablespoons white rum
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mint sprigs (optional for garnish)
2. Remove from heat and stir in the rum, lime rind, and lime juice. Let cool to room temperature.
3. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, grapes, and raspberries. Add the rum mixture and toss to coat.
For a savory take on the dish, serve with Gardein chicken.
For dessert, try it over your favorite vegan vanilla ice cream.
Mint sprigs make a pretty garnish.
6 servings (2/3 cup), Calories 116
Just as I hoped, the fresh fruit was fantastic, with just the right sugar-rum coating clinging to each bite. The resulting liquid tastes a bit like grenadine syrup or a raspberry mojito, thanks to the rum and raspberries. Although the compote was just great over ice cream, I actually preferred it with the Gardein, since the flavor combination was more unexpected. But honestly, even better just to spoon into the compote by itself, to savor the peaches to the max.