- 6 cups peeled and sliced Rome apple
- 1/3 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2. Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife; place the flour in a medium bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and cut into the flour with a pastry blender until the mixture looks like coarse meal. Add the sugar and ground ginger, tossing to combine.
3. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the fruit, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the pie plate from the oven to preheat the broiler. Return the pie plate to the oven and broil for 1 minute, until the crumble topping is lightly browned.
You can serve this on its own, or with a scoop of non-dairy ice cream or a spoonful of hot custard - check out the vegan custard from Just Wholefoods (a British company, but available here in the states from veganessentials.com). It's a snap to prepare at home, and delicious warm over this dessert.
8 servings (1 portion), Calories 287