- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 12 Vegetarian Plus shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup peeled and cubed kiwifruit
2. Combine the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in a bowl with the green onions, cilantro, rice vinegar, lime juice, lime rind, salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
3. Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 2 plates. Spoon the shrimp mixture evenly over each plate, and top evenly with the kiwi.
2 servings (6 shrimp, 1 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup kiwi), Calories 330
I love vegan shrimp, and I love kiwi, so I thought this salad would be sublime. Alas, while good, I didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary. I think the lettuce was not the best backdrop, might even serve this over rice next time. Still, a good, quick entree salad to keep in mind in the warm months ahead.