- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 ounces crumbled lite firm tofu
- 1/4 cup shredded Daiya cheddar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup bottled salsa
2. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1/2 cup spinach leaves over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup tofu mixture, and roll up. Serve the burritos with the salsa. My favorite is the mild salsa from Amy's (which is certified vegan), but use any kind from mild to spicy.
Note: if you're feeding a large crowd, this recipe can double in a pinch - just use a large skillet instead of a medium one.
4 servings (1 burrito, 1/4 cup salsa), Calories 209
Absolutely delicious. So savory, with wonderful layers to each bite - the spice of the salsa on top, the soft warm tortilla, the savory tofu mixture and the crisp spinach leaves. I considered for a moment that these might be even better with wilted spinach, but on second thought I like the fresh texture and taste that the fresh spinach provided. The only tweak I would make is to increase the spices in the tofu mixture, and maybe some nutritional yeast, for a more "eggy" flavor, but these merit a 5 nonetheless.