- 3 cups peeled and cubed ripe mango
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegan sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Note: on a more adventurous note, the salsa is also delicious alongside breaded vegan fish fillets, a new product available on vegan websites (veganessentials.com and veganstore.com) from a brand called Sophie's Kitchen. The company also makes vegan calamari, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go down that route yet.
Super fresh, wonderfully sweet mango. I love recipes like this that require almost no embellishment, and let the fresh produce stand out on its own. Keep this salsa in mind all summer long, as it's sure to become a warm-weather standard.