- 2 and 1/2 pounds peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup plain non-dairy creamer
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (such as Casa Fiesta)
- 1/2 cup packed vegan brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
2. Drain, and return the sweet potato to the pan. Add the creamer, butter, and lime juice; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Return to the burner and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until heated through.
3. Remove 2 chiles from the can of chipotles and chop; reserve the remaining chipotles and adobo sauce for another use. Add the chopped chiles to the sweet potato mixture, along with the brown sugar, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
As a main dish to pair with these sweet potatoes, you'll need something equally flavorful and full of spice to stand up to the chipotle. Try rubbing a mixture of cumin and coriander over your favorite veggie protein, whether tempeh, seitan, or a serving of Match meat. I used Match pork and added green peas on the side to round out the meal, which made for a perfect fall evening.
8 servings (about 2/3 cup), Calories 264