- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2. Cook the edamame in boiling water for 4 minutes. Add the onion and celery and cook for an additional minute; blanching the onion and celery this way will mellow their flavor, so the edamame can take center stage in this salad.
3. Drain the edamame mixture, and add to the vinegar mixture, tossing to coat. Stir in the parsley. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
6 servings (1/2 cup), Calories 124
This dish had nice mellow flavor - I loved the subtle taste of the celery and onion - but I would increase the vinegar, mustard, and salt in the vinaigrette to give it a bit more pop. The edamame itself had exactly the right chewy texture.